Saturday, February 9, 2013

BEEN THROUGH HEAVEN AND HELL

This week had been a blast for me. School was making us very busy. We had exams everyday (except for Wednesdays, which we really do not have classes) and add the pressure of searching for your internship. 

Monday started so well, I guess. A take home quiz was submitted for Enercon that day that I found very easy, since the answers can be 'googled' nowadays. After, exams for Computer Interfacing, which basically included pin configurations and programming. And last, for the day, was a practical exam in Java. This particularly, makes me insane. You really don't know what to do, even though you know how to code the program. Our professor is somewhat intimidating, that when you ask her a question you don't understand, she'll make you look stupid in class. That's why no one ever dared to ask a question again in class.

Tuesday, I got to school at 8 am, where my first class starts at 7:30 am. Good thing my professor still gave me the exam. Maybe she's used on me, being late on her class. Next, was an exam in Troubleshooting. I reviewed it so well, that I almost thought I understand the topic already. But then, when I got the papers, my mind got totally blocked. Luckily, I still score 35 out of 50. Not bad. And for the last subject was Engineering Management, where she discussed about job interviews and resume. She also announced that our midterm would be an interview. And we are required to be in a corporate attire. Girls are required to wear blouse, skirt, and heels. This caught my nerves. I already wore a skirt, during my High School graduation but heels, I just hope I can bring it on. 

Wednesday was purely OJT hunting. My friends and I rode the UV express on the way to the MRT North Avenue station. It was so shocking how long the line was. It was really my first time to saw that. I've rode the train many times, but never experienced that thick crowd. So, we've decided to drop off at the Quezon Avenue station. We first walked around, searching for companies. Luckily, we have submitted to two companies. Then, we went to Ayala, Makati. We first decided to have lunch at the foodcourt at SM. After eating, we also saw our classmates there, and decided to go hunting together. But after walking a few meters, we decided to split into groups, again. We went to ACER and submitted our resumes. We were nervous because interview was up next. We are asked to stay at the lobby for a few minutes and called us one by one. I was the last one to be called, and I did not go with it seriously. I have no plans on working with popular companies already (which makes me wonder why I am applying to companies like that). We also took an exam at NOVAED. The exam was composed of 15-item English and 30-item Math and  Logic. I scored 7/15 in English and 29/30 in Math. As our instructor (he was the one who guide us, I don't really know his position) said, 60% was the passing. He also said that we will receive a confirmation message that night or early morning tomorrow. We got to leave Makati at 6 pm. We rode the MRT at Buendia station. It took us roughly 30 minutes before riding the train. We also had dinner at McDo Trinoma before heading home.

Thursday, we had our written exam in Java. First part was multiple choice. I almost fell asleep during the exam. It's not that it's easy, but it really takes time to think of the answer. Some questions require more than one answer, and you can't even think of one.Second and third part was identification and true/false. These parts was better that the first ones. Troubleshooting went on next. We checked our exam last tuesday, and I passed it as I have said earlier. Our professor also discussed the last part of the topic and I didn't listen to her. I was really sleepy that day. It was so awkward when my professor makes eye contact with me, and asks if we understand what she's discussing. Well, of course, I would nod or sometimes say yes for the discussion to be finished early. What made me alive was receiving a text message from KMC Mag Group regarding our OJT application. We have submitted our resume to them last week. We are asked to visit their Taguig office on Friday. I really got excited, because I really want to go to the Global City.

Friday, I did not go to school since our group doesn't have a computer unit that have a parallel port. I went straight to the MRT station, and meet my friend there. Together, we went to Ayala station and ride the bus to go to Taguig. The bus was amazing. The seats were on the side, and like an ordinary bus, there was a 5-seater at the back part of it. We went of the bus somewhere in 4th avenue. We were really amazed by the place, that even though the sun is striking, you'll still love to walk around. Inside our heads, Makati was amazing, Global City was beyond that. We went to the office and had a conversation with Ma'am Estee. I am a bit confused on whether it is sure of us being employed as interns. But, I'm still thinking twice about working for them. We are only required to have a 250-hour training, but their minimum is 450 hours. But, we will be given a certificate for OJT after finishing 300 hours. I'm confused, if after receiving the certificate, do we still have to finish the remaining 150 hours. We also submitted resume on two companies there. I just hope there are still others who'll contact me/us. I'd really love to live there after graduation. I had always dreamt of working abroad but after being there, it made me feel contented here in the country.


:)))))))))))))))

No comments:

Post a Comment